Friday 4 March 2011

The Beginning.

After brainstorming many ideas to base my FMP on I chose to focus on my friend's upcoming band named 'The Tease'. As I had already been asked to produce design work for this band I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to combine my college work with paid work. This will be my first paid design work as well as also finalising my BTEC National Diploma in Graphic Design.

There are many graphical pieces I need to produce to give this band a noticeable identity. The most important element being a logo. The logo will need to be modern, unique and suited to the music genre which is a mixture between alternative, indie and dance. This logotype will be used in many situations so will have to be re-sized easily without any distortion and also quite simple so when the size is reduced the logo is still understandable. 

The second important thing to do is to plan and shoot my own photoshoot. I already have various ideas for this one of which being to find a urban location to give a modern 'grunge' style effect to the images. This will also create a suitable background for future design pieces. Photographs are the bases of many music designs so these images will be vital if I want my design to look professional.

There many other elements I plan to produce such as; Promotional flyers, posters, handouts, tickets, banners, a feature page in a magazine, album art and also additional merchandise such as key rings, t'shirts and stickers.